Engineering essentials provides a rigorous documentation environment. Individual confluence spaces can be configured with numbered headings, to force version comments, or to display page contents automatically. This enables automatic and consistent documentation generation.
Focus on your content with essential tools that support engineering and scientific documentation without getting in the way.
Engineering essentials contains tools which make confluence a rigorous documentation environment. Configure critical spaces to force version comments, automatically use numbered headings, and automatically display page contents. Critical documentation can be handled automatically. Allowing users to focus on the content.
Force users to provide version comments before saving, prevent data loss by still supporting drafts. Export your processes and procedures automatically, ensuring your document history is meaningful. In combination with Ad-Hoc Workflows and Scroll Office, confluence can be turned into a fully featured change control tool.
Configure spaces to use numbered headings without blueprints or macros. These numbered headings do not interfere with documentation exports into your desired word or PDF templates. Define the heading style in your templates, where it should be. Also, your content is safe because it does not need to be placed within a macro, so will continue to be available no matter what plugins are enabled.
Display the page contents floating at the top of each page without having to place macros everywhere which would otherwise interfere with documentation generation and clutter your content.
The Engineering Essentials plugin is a collection of the following components (with many more on the roadmap). See the individual components for more detail.
If all of the components are not desired at then it is possible to disable individual components from the package within the plugin administration screen as shown below:
Installation follows the standard confluence process:
- Log into your Confluence instance as an admin.
- Click the admin dropdown and choose Atlassian Marketplace. The Manage add-ons screen loads.
- Click Find new add-ons from the left-hand side of the page.
- Locate Engineering Essentials via search. The appropriate add-on version appears in the search results.
- Click Try free to begin a new trial or Buy now to purchase a license for Engineering Essentials. You're prompted to log into MyAtlassian. Engineering Essentials begins to download.
- Enter your information and click Generate license when redirected to MyAtlassian.
- Click Apply license. If you're using an older version of UPM, you can copy and paste the license into your Confluence instance.
To find older Engineering Essentials versions compatible with your instance, you can look through our version history (https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.precisionplugins.engineeringessentials/versions).
Support is available through any of the following: